Hello! I'm Romain, i'm your French wedding photographer
In this article i will take you down a few tips and infos about all France has to offer when it comes to wedding. Venues, wedding dresses, food, you will have it all. And if you are planning your wedding, in France or anywhere in the world, count me in, i'm your photographer. but first things first, do you know what is French for wedding? Mariage of course!
My French wedding guide
A wedding day is one of the most important days in any couple's life, and what better way to celebrate love than in the country that's known for it - France. French weddings are a magical experience that combine rich history, breathtaking landscapes, and unforgettable culinary delights. From the romantic streets of Paris to the rolling vineyards of Champagne, there's a French wedding destination for every couple's dream wedding. Our guide to planning your dream French wedding will take you on a journey through France's unique wedding traditions, hidden gems, and expert tips for a truly unforgettable celebration of love.
Why choose France for your dream wedding?
France is a country that's known for its romantic charm, world-class cuisine, and breathtaking landscapes. Whether you're dreaming of a grand chateau or a quaint vineyard wedding, France has a range of unique wedding destinations that cater to every couple's style and taste. From the historic streets of Paris to the sun-kissed beaches of the French Riviera, here are some reasons why France is the perfect destination for your dream wedding:
- French cuisine: French cuisine is known for its elegance, refinement, and delicious flavors. From croissants and baguettes to cheese and wine, French cuisine will add a touch of sophistication to your wedding menu.
- Picture-perfect backdrops: From the Eiffel Tower to the lavender fields of Provence, France has some of the most beautiful backdrops for your wedding day. The country's diverse landscapes offer endless possibilities for your wedding photos. You can have an intimate elopement on a beach in St Tropez or religious ceremony in an historical church in Orleans or at the chateau de Chambord.
- Romantic traditions: French weddings are known for their romantic traditions, such as the French wedding cake, the "croquembouche," and the wedding dance, "la valse des fiancés." These traditions add a touch of French charm to your wedding day.
The French wedding traditions and customs
French weddings are steeped in tradition, from the religious ceremony to the wedding reception. Here are some of the most important French wedding customs and traditions that you should know about:
- The civil ceremony: Before a religious ceremony can take place, the couple must have a civil ceremony at the town hall or mairie. This legal ceremony is usually attended by close family and friends.
- The religious ceremony: The religious ceremony takes place in a church or cathedral and is usually attended by a larger group of guests. The ceremony includes the exchange of vows, the ring exchange, and the signing of the register.
- The wedding procession: After the ceremony, the wedding procession takes place. The bride and groom, followed by their guests, make their way to the reception venue.
- The wedding reception: The wedding reception is a lavish affair that usually lasts until the early hours of the morning. The reception includes a multi-course meal, speeches, and dancing.
The food: savoring the flavors of France
France is renowned for its culinary heritage, and a French wedding is a feast for the senses. From the champagne toast to the delectable hors d'oeuvres and the mouth-watering main course, the food at a French wedding is a highlight of the celebration. French cuisine is all about fresh, local ingredients and exquisite presentation. A typical French wedding menu might include dishes like escargot, foie gras, coq au vin, and tarte tatin. And of course, no French wedding would be complete without a towering croquembouche, a traditional French wedding cake made of cream puffs and caramel served along with a glass of Champagne indeed. The country where the Champagne was invented. What else?
To help make your special day even more memorable, we've compiled a list of the top three best wedding caterers in the South of France area.
- Lenôtre: Lenôtre is a renowned French catering company that has been providing exceptional catering services since 1957. The company has a strong reputation for excellence and is well-known for its elegant and refined dishes, using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. They offer a range of catering options to suit every type of wedding, from intimate gatherings to large-scale events. Their team of experienced chefs and event planners will work with you to create a bespoke menu that perfectly reflects your taste and style. Website: https://www.lenotre.com/en
- La Belle Assiette: La Belle Assiette is a unique catering service that brings professional chefs directly to your home or wedding venue. Their team of talented chefs will work with you to create a bespoke menu that perfectly suits your tastes and dietary requirements. They offer a wide range of cuisines, from classic French dishes to modern fusion cuisine. La Belle Assiette's approach is highly personalized and flexible, allowing you to create the perfect wedding menu for your special day. https://labelleassiette.com/en
- With a strong reputation for excellence, Helen has earned the trust and loyalty of clients throughout France and beyond. Her commitment to using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, combined with her creative flair and attention to detail, make her one of the top caterers in the region. To learn more about Helen and her catering services, visit her website at https://www.helen.fr/. Helen:
Josefin & William
“Words cannot describe how happy we were to choose Romain for our wedding photography and the job he did was absolutely incredible! The photos were absolutely stunning but above all we were so happy with his presence and direction on the day, ensuring everyone knew what to do and that we got fantastic photos of everyone. He does stunning shots without staging or posing and we love his style of including many spontaneous shots and capturing little moments. I recommend him from the bottom of my heart, you will”