why choose france for your wedding ?
As a French wedding photographer,
I’ve travelled to some of most beautiful locations across the country and it’s easy to see why couples fall in love with everything it has to offer. From its cuisine to culture, find out why you should consider saying ‘I Do’ in France…
- DIVERSE LOCATIONS : Each and every corner of France has its own charm, character and scenery so you really will be spoilt for choice when trying to find a location to tie the knot. From rural countryside to rugged coastlines, jaw-dropping mountains and stunning vineyards, you’re guaranteed to find the perfect setting to celebrate your love story. Make it to a wine castle around Bordeaux, or into an olive tree field in Provence or on the beach in Corsica. To help you to make up your mind i wrote a little article about the 5 best wedding venues in Provence here.
- PHOTOGRAPH BACKDROPS : Along with the various locations on offer, you will be graced with some of the most beautiful backdrops for your wedding photographs. I am always inspired by my surroundings and love making the most of nature and the great outdoors when capturing my couples, and the scenery opportunities are endless in France.
French wedding venues
- MAGNIFICIENT VENUES : French wedding venues are rich with culture, history and romance. Whether you want a fairy tale chateau in the Loire valley, an elegant country house in Provence or a boutique hotel in Paris, France has some of the world’s most magnificent wedding venues on offer. It doesn’t matter whether you’re dreaming of an intimate gathering or extravagant affair, you will easily find the right venue to host your wedding day.
- CLIMATES AND SEASONS : The weather varies in France and across the country, so you can choose a time of year that suits you. Spring and Summer are warm and sunny, while the Winter is a wonderful alternative and prices tend to be a little cheaper. Luckily, France is beautiful throughout the year!
- FOOD & DRINKS: France is famous for its incredible cuisine so if you’re real foodies, this may be the country for you to get wed. You will be treated to fine dining, five course wedding breakfasts, seasonal feasts, mouth-watering cheese and of course, plenty of high-quality wine. Different regions offer different specialties, so make sure you do your research to find the perfect location for you.
ENDLESS ROMANCE IN FRANCE
- Paris is the city of love while French is the language of love. In fact, France is one of the most romantic place in the world, so it really is a wonderful place to begin your happily ever after!
- HONEYMOON : Avoid the post-wedding blues by having your honeymoon in France! You can extend the celebrations and visit some of the most iconic locations in the country.
- HOLIDAY FOR GUESTS : Your guests will love making your wedding a holiday too and it may be a chance for your friends and family to visit somewhere they might not have considered otherwise. Make sure you get your invitations sent out well in advance so your loved ones can book time off work.
The French traditions are guaranteed to capture your heart and we love seeing how our couples embrace them at their own wedding day, from champagne towers to croquembouche. .
- No Language Barriers : The majority of regions in France are English-speaking so you don’t have to worry about language barriers, which can cause difficulties when booking venues and vendors. As an English-speaking French photographer, I get to know each and every couple that I work with to ensure I am able to capture your love story and leave you with memories of your special day.
- Let your imagination run wild…: While it can be difficult to host a legal ceremony in France, you can easily host a symbolic ceremony which means you’ll have no restrictions when it comes to choosing the venue, vows and décor. It’s a chance for you to really let your imagination run wild and have the day of your dreams.